cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Database Restore

modi1234
Level 3

Hello Community,

I notice that while creating an SQL Database backup to the tape, there is an option to create a .bak file on local machine.

I would like to know if the same option exists when I restore the database so that I can generate .bak files.

Even better, if I can just get the .bak file without evening restoring to the database. All I need is the backup file that I can transfer to a client in different location.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you backup that resulting bak file with a follow up job, then you can restore it to wherever you want at a later date

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen_Kent
Level 4
Employee

There isn't an option that I know of to restore just the .bak file, but would I would suggest is to schedule backups with SQL and then have Backup Exec backup those files. It creates the exact same .bak files. Maybe just schedule SQL to run the backups 30 minutes before the scheduled job with Backup Exec runs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/930615/how-to-schedule-a-database-backup-operation-by-using...

I hope that helps!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you backup that resulting bak file with a follow up job, then you can restore it to wherever you want at a later date

The problem I am facing is that the my enviroment doesnt have SQL Server but I still want to restore the SQL Data and send it to someone who needs this data but doesnt have backup exec environment. Is there any way this can be achieved ?