cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Express 2005 and Backup Exec 10.0

TBone_1985
Level 4

I have a customer who is using SQL Express 2005.  I just purchased the SQL remote agent for their BE version 10.0 server and got the downgrade key.  However, when I try to check the SQL databases in selections, I cannot.  Do I have any options here?  Is there a hotfix I can apply?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6
6 REPLIES 6

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6
You need at least version 10.1 hotfix 6 to support SQL 2005.

TBone_1985
Level 4
Is this a free upgrade?

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6
Yes, it is. You can download it here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/279332.htm

TBone_1985
Level 4

Thanks again for the help.  That was the solution to my issue.  Funny thing is, I called Symantec before you replied and asked them if it was free.  They said no.  I even said that I'd see it was on other posts and the guy still said, "No."  Thanks Symantec for almost making me look like a fool.

Thank you, Kevin, for setting the record straight.

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

Since I am disagreeing with Symantec support, I based my answer regarding the free upgrade based on a number of posts, like this one including an expert contributor:

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=103&message.id=36494 

The link to the download was common knowledge to me since it comes up regularly. Normally, people just need that link when they upgrade from 9 to 12x, needing to step through version 10. In that case they do not need keys since they are just goning to run 10 within the trial period, but if they were to continue to use it beyond 60 days, they would need them. In your case, it is important that the keys continue to be valid since you also intend to continue your use.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

v10.0 -> v10d (v10.1) is indeed a free upgrade.

The last upgrade within a major version that was not was v8.5 -> v8.6.  That was because v8.6 was the first version to support B2D