cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Services stop.

Joe_Tepley
Level 2
SQL Services fail to load after reboot when installing CPSMessage was edited by:
Joe Tepley
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Did you install CPS on an existing SQL instance? What is the exact error message you receive when this happens? What is the OS and the version of SQL installed?

Revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Joe_Tepley
Level 2
Priya,

Here is a little more info on this issue.

Win 2003 Server Standard
Sql 2000 SP 3a

I receive an error from SQL Server Serivces that states the service could not be started 'timed-out'. I must then disable all services SQL and CPS to uninstall the CPS Agent once this is uninstalled I will be able to reboot and SQL Server will once again come back online.

Joe_Tepley
Level 2
Priya,

Here is some more information.

I have the CPS software installed on a server I have been using this to backup a remote server this has been working great for abot 2 months now. I now want to include another remote server. This server is currently running Windows Server 2003 standard and Sql 2000. After installing the CPS Agent I receive the timed-out error and an notified that the SQL services will not start.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are there any other softwares or applications installed on the server. Check if you get any errors in the event logs in Windows.What antivirus are you using? In case its Symantec Antivirus 9, refer to the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/271374

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.