cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL backup error

habibalby
Level 5

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed explaination, really informative. I do like some clarification on the best practices to back MS SQL with Symantec Backup Exec 2012.

I'm having a MS SQL 2008 RT thats installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2, Standard Edition. This server hosts almost 18Databases, I've checked all of them and found that all the Databases are set on Full Recovery Model.

Backup Exec is configured to run Daily, Weekly and Monthly always as Full Backup. I found that all the databases log files are reaching bigger than the database file size.

After reading this article, I have configured one more backup to run after the Daily as Incremental with Log Backup and another Incremental with Differential Backup.

Now whenever a backup runs, it leave a Warnning/Explination mark as the backup completed with Execptions.

Any help / thoughts?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This was left as a comment on my article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-backup-sql-logs-and-truncate-them-be-2012

I have branched it off as a discussion.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

MS SQL 2008 RT

What exactly are you using?  SQL 2008 Express or SQL 2008 RTM?  If it is the latter, you should be using the final release.

You should post the error messages that you got.