Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL credential fails

GKBackoffice
Level 2

Hello,

I wonder if somene had this problem.

I have uppgraded our backupserver to BE2012. Earlier version was 12.5 On this version (12.5) i had a fine running SQL backup and sql translog backup.

When creating same job again on BE2012 the credentials fails for SQL server. The credential is the same as i used on 12.5 where it worked just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try? I have tried making a new account for backup SQL server with same rights, but its the same error. If i make a normal backup of the c:drive its no problem. Just SQL that gives the error

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Post the error if you don't mind please?

Thanks!

GKBackoffice
Level 2

Hi,

The only error that comes is this.

I have network connection

Job ended: den 5 november 2012 at 19:57:44
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34040

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Verify that all the latest patches for Backup Exec have been applied to the media server, make sure the version of the Remote Agent(s) on the remote machine(s) is at the exact same version the Remote Agent is on the media server and the Backup Exec Remote Agent Service is started. For more information on this, review the following documents: 

• How to manually run LiveUpdate in Backup Exec 11d and above to verify what hotfixes or service packs have already been installed or what updates are available for installation. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50132
  • How to check the version or status of the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) on remote servers from the Backup Exec Graphical User Interface (GUI)
    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH15524

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

Make sure your Backup Exec live updates are all installed, and if you have AOFO enabled on the job try running it with it disabled.

Thanks

SD33
Level 3

I am having the same issue on a fresh install of BE2012 14.0. When I test credentials it passes the "Microsoft SQL Server Instances" logon, but fails the MICROSOFT ##SSEE and MSSQLSERVER logons. All other backup jobs finish successfully including Exchange GRT backup.

I have tried checking the permissions, but every thing looks fine. I am a newbie to SQL, but did add an account in security (The one I created for this install of BE) and gave it admin rights to every checkbox and still the permission checks failed. I believe the default user for access was set to System Logon Account, but I changed it to the Domain Admin Account I used to set everything else up with and those credentials fail as well.

The job fails with the following error:

Unable to attach to <MYSERVER>\MSSQLSERVER.

V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Unable to attach to <MYSERVER>\MICROSOFT##SSEE.

V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

SD33 you may be best served by starting a new thread and posting a copy of the job log.. be more than happy to try and troubleshoot with you

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Could please check if the following technotes fixes the issue -

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64434