cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL database offline after unsuccessful backup

Jim_Kaelin
Not applicable
Our autoloader recently encountered a hardware error during a backup job. After clearing the error, we noticed that one of our Sql Server databases would not come back online after a reboot. The SQL Enterprise Manager shows the database in a "loading" state. When I try to view the properties of the database I get an error that says "Error 927: Database 'WFCDB' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore." When I then click OK, I get another message that says "Could not get the Properties information". I think that the SQL Agent may have been working with this DB when the autoloader locked up. How can I restore this DB and/or get it back up and running? I have rebooted the server to no avail. I tried running a 'Restore' query I found in a knowledgebase technote, but that did not successfully run either.

Thanks for the help
1 REPLY 1

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Jim,

The SQL RECOVERY option initiates the recovery process so that the database is returned to a consistent state. If this option is not checked on the last restore the database will be shown as Loading in SQL Server Enterprise Manager .

Please refer to following technote in this regard.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/191449

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.