cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL differtail backups

mli7777
Level 5

I have a customer that we have upgraded to BE 2012 SP3.

I need to be able to do a full backup of a SQL DB on the weekends and differential during the week.

From what I read it is possible.

Right now the full runs fine and when the incremental runs the error says the last full backup of said DB was not made by this application run a new full backup?   Just the day before this error a full ran 100% successfully.

When you click on the backup options then the Microsoft SQL part ti tells you have to have a log backup and a second one that says differentail in the mothod.  I set those up and it did not help.

So what am I missing?

Thanks

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

Is this a physical machine or virtual?  If it is virtual see this Technote for a possible solution: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137587

Also, check for any maintenance, utilities or virus scans that might be interfering and causing SQL to not view the Full job as being ran.

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi Mike,

First run the SQL DB full back using BE 2012 SP3. Once it's completed successfully, then try with incremental or Differtial job. it should run successfully.

- vicky

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This is what the OP tried to do and failed

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please read what the OP states before posting the same suggestion as what has already been tried.

Thanks!

tech88kur
Not applicable
Partner

Hi Mike,

Does the logs continue to say something more. Please check the recovery model of SQL Databases, if it is set to full then log/differential backups won't be possible (you can consult your MSSQL admin to check the recovery models of SQL databases), the log you have in this case also come in the above situation.

Regards

tech88kur