Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server not available

TandyBrands
Level 4

BE 2012

O/S Windows server 2008 R2

So, this question is in reference to this previously answered post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/be2012-added-server-does-not-show-list

When I do a backup, the job cannot read teh SQL server.  If I go into the properties of the job, make sure all is selected, even expanding the items like the SQLServer (whihc is hte only part that fails), I can see the databases.  But, when I run the backup, it fails on the SQLServer backup with the V-79-57344-33932 "Unable to attache to resource..." message.

I went into credentials, created one for the SA account, ran the job again, no difference. So I am stumped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TandyBrands
Level 4

Actually,

Even though I had defined another credential for the database itself, it was not using that particular credential.  Picking that credential via the GUI interface under the Credentials selection did not take.  Only when I went into the job, went to the Test/Edit credentials, and selected the SA account credential I had selected did it work.

Sometimes its the simple things that get overlooked.

Thanks for the info though...

James

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Q

when I run the backup, it fails on the SQLServer backup with the V-79-57344-33932 "Unable to attache to resource..." message.

Ans

So the SQL backup has been failing always? is that failing on a particular database with attach to resource error during the backup or it is failing on all databases

Please look for events in event viewer on SQL server during the time of failure both in system and application

Also in your case do have this configuration like BE 2012 on win2008 r2 & remote sql on win2003, if in case that is the configuration try disabling ipv6 on Media server and then check

Thanks

TandyBrands
Level 4

Actually,

Even though I had defined another credential for the database itself, it was not using that particular credential.  Picking that credential via the GUI interface under the Credentials selection did not take.  Only when I went into the job, went to the Test/Edit credentials, and selected the SA account credential I had selected did it work.

Sometimes its the simple things that get overlooked.

Thanks for the info though...

James