cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRD file backup to alt path not working

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

I'm trying to backup my SDR file to an alternative loataion using the BE Simplified Disaster Recovery alternative path feature but nothing is happening.

The path I'm using looks like this:  \\126.0.0.250\shared$\sdr

The permissions on this remote directory are setup to allow full access / permissions to everyone, and if I drop that path into Win Explorer it accesses it no problem.

In BE 2012 (on Svr 2008) it's not working, but in BE 2014 (Svr 2012) it is working... I'm using exactly the same path in each.

7 REPLIES 7

lmosla
Level 6

Hi fred2k,

Disable any Antivirus running and try again.

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Hi Imosia,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the AV is kind of important (and this is my customer's server, not mine) so is this a known issue? 

lmosla
Level 6

For trouble shooting purposes temporarily turn off the av to see if that helps, or you can make exclusions for the Backup Exec processes on the server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you check that there is a .dr for in the primary path? It could be that the job does not create a .dr file for some reason

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try specifying the alternate path as the following instead:-

\\ServerName\SharePath\FolderName

Additionally, add the BE service account explicitly to the share's ACLs providing full security and sharing permissions.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As this will almost certainly use the service account to access the share, is the Backup Exec service account the same on both your working and non-working server?

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Imosla- ok I'll try this next Monday, can't leave AV off over weekend.

pkh - Yes it definitely creates the file and stores it in the primary path

VJware - I could try changing the IP to the hostname I suppose, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't like using IP addresses (works in BE2014). The remote location is actually a domain server, so do I need to enter the FQDN?

Regarding the service / logon accounts - in BE I only have one user setup in my BE which is the Windows administrator account. So in my shared fodler on the remote system would I have to add the user Computer-name/Administrator to the security & sharing permissions?

Colin Weaver - Is the "service account" the same as the "System Logon Account" in BE? If so then it's different on each system in that they're both Computer-name/Administrator and the computername is different.