cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Job Not Running

DanoDano
Level 2

Hello All,

I've got Backup Exec 11D running on Windows 2003 server. I setup scheduled incremental backups for Monday-Thursday and Full backups on Fridays. My problem is the job scheduled for Mondays never runs, it doesn't even show up as scheduled under the Job Monitor or show as failed yet I have it setup and scheduled. Any help to trouble shoot this would be very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

Kent_Wyatt
Level 3
I just upgraded to v11 about two weeks ago and that has happened to me twice. I have differentials scheduled Tues-Sat and a Full on Sunday. Though it shows as scheduled to run the Tues differential never executes - no logs, no errors, just doesn't run and the next day it shows as scheduled for Wednesday and it does run Wed. I've deleted and recreated the selection lists, policies, jobs, etc. I have an inventory job that runs everyday before the backup job and it ran and completely error free on Tues, just not the backup job.

DanoDano
Level 2
Interesting. Have you got any help from Symantec yet? I guess this is the new method of support?

I'll let you know if I find anything out. Thanks for letting me know i'm not alone!

Dan

Scott_Straub
Level 4
Please take a look at this thread.

You can also try this:
1. Edit the job and note the current schdule setting
2. Set the job to Run Now and click Submit on Hold
3. Submit the Job
4. Edit the job again and set the job back to the schedule and remove the Hold check
5. Submit the job

Mike_Houston
Level 3
Have you modified the properties of the job?  BackupExec 11d will often skip a job one time following a change  made to the job's properties.  This has been a problem that users were experiencing since late 2006. 

The problem has still not resolved to my knowledge.  Here is a link to an earlier submission:

I agree with one of the replys in the above thread.  It is unpardonable that Symantec has ignored a problem of this magnitude for so long.  It has been at least eight months since this issue was first reported.  I was told that the next hotfix would correct this issue in March.

You can look in the job monitor for the jobs set to run after making a change to any job.  I often find that the next occurance has been skipped.  If that is the case, I make a copy of the job and schedule it to run one time to replace the skipped job.  After the job has been run, the copy can be deleted.

Hope this is helpful,
Mike

Randy_Jackson
Level 2
Any new information on this issue? I have the exact same problem with my Monday jobs never showing up on Monday. I applied SP1 for 11d per Symantec but it did not move my job's into schedule status.

One weird thing I have noticed is that the jobs that are suppose to run are on the Calendar view and are in purple instead of blue.