cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Jobs Missed - On Hold, not rescheduling

Jon_K
Level 3

Hi all - so my services hung the other day and I had a bunch of jobs "missed".  Now, those jobs are showing "on hold" and only one of my jobs is showing "scheduled" and has been running.  I don't want to "unhold" the jobs because I will be running the jobs from 12/6-12/9.  Instead, I'd like to move them out of the way and have Backup Exec reschedule the ordinary jobs to continue the ordinary process.  I attached a screenshot so you can see.  I can "delete" the job out of the Current Jobs area of Job Monitor but I am not sure if that deletes that instance of the job or the job itself entirely.  Can anyone assist?  I want to get my jobs scheduled on track as usual.

Please see attached screen shot!

Thanks,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The only way to get the jobs rescheduled again as per the schedule is to take it off hold and cancel the job. If you are worried about it writing data to something it shouldn't then put the targeted storage offline and proceed.

Edit: Backup Exec would not put the jobs on hold automatically. Someone must have put them on hold.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The only way to get the jobs rescheduled again as per the schedule is to take it off hold and cancel the job. If you are worried about it writing data to something it shouldn't then put the targeted storage offline and proceed.

Edit: Backup Exec would not put the jobs on hold automatically. Someone must have put them on hold.

Jon_K
Level 3

I don't think anyone put them on hold, they just went on hold because the services weren't running and "missed"

That said - I was able to "run now" and hit cancel while they were "initializing".  They cancelled, and then rescheduled themselves for today/etc.  Thanks!

Yes, backup exec DOES put them on hold. In the BE console under Configuration and Settings --> Error Handling Rules

Under "Recovered Jobs, Failed status" by default "FInal Job DIsposition" the choice is checked "Place Job on hold until error condition has been manually cleared."