cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled job does not start when submitted

David_Perrin
Level 5
I have a job scheduled to run every day at 17:05.  The first selected server's backup does not start until 17:38.  Any ideas as to why?  What is going on in those 33 minutes before the job starts?

(I tried to attach an image but it was not allowed.)

7 REPLIES 7

chicojrman
Level 6
so you have a job that runs everyday at 5:05pm then you have another one start at 5:38pm? Anything could be happening during that time frame you might want to space out the two so they don't over lap.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

if you manually run the job, does the backup start immediately?  If not, what is the status displayed in the Job Monitor?>

David_Perrin
Level 5
the first machine on the backup job is DC1.  When I submit the job, it does not seem to start immediately.  When I submitted it to run now, it started with a snapshot and then was running in about 30 seconds.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
the first machine on the backup job is DC1. When I submit the job, it does not seem to start immediately. When I submitted it to run now, it started with a snapshot and then was running in about 30 seconds.

if you have display progress indicators  turned on, BackupExec will scan all the shares/drives before actually starting to backup data, but if RunNow starts that quickly, that's not the problem

David_Perrin
Level 5
Thank you for your response.  It just makes no sense to me.  I will keep looking.

Chris_Mac
Level 3
I have a similar problem in that the scheduled job begins at the correct tim ebut the first activity it seems to produce is to eject the tape and then spools the backup in order to copy. I come in the next morning to find that the job hasn't really moved. I push in the tape and off we go.
Only started happening recently? Not sure what would have triggered this? I am using Back Exec 12.5 on about 7 Windows 2003 servers.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
@Chris, you should start a new discussion for your problem.