cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Jobs for a time window.

ShawnD123
Not applicable
I have 13 D2D Backup jobs running everynight between 10pm and 5am.  How does Backup Exec know which ones to do first instead of just starting all of them at once?  Forgive me, I am new to Backup Exec.  I am using version 12.5.

Thanks!

Shawn
2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Shawn,

If you set them to start at the same time, it's going to start alphabetically.
best bet to stagger them is to go into the Scheduling tab on each job and set a different time. This would depend on how long each job runs, and then what sort of hardware you have. An autoloader with 1 drive for example means only 1 job, no matter then number of slots. Same for a library.
however, having more than 1 drive (you need an extra Library Expansion Option license...LEO...for each extra drive over 1).
So...my suggestion would be as follows:

1. Stagger your jobs by scheduling each 1 to start at a different time. You can guage this by checking how long each job runs, and then adding a bit of overhead for the increase in size over time.
2. If you have more than 1 drive in your library, I would select the largest backup jobs to start first. Every job after that can be set to start at different times.

Let me know if you need some help!

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news here Shawn? Has it helped at all?