cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling duplications with Backup Exec 2012 NOT WORKING !!!!

Tinus
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

In reference to this post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/scheduling-duplications-backup-exec-2012

What PKH says:

"No.  For your proposed backup scheme, on the last Sunday of the month, your monthly backup will run and your weekly backup will be superceeded and not run.  This is because both jobs start at the same time and the monthly job has a less frequent schedule."

This is not true !!!

I have 4 BE3600 R2 appliciances with 2 MSL2024 tapelibraries on 2 sites, where on each site 1 appliance has a tapelibrary attached.

I have configured a job to: backup to disk, duplicate to disk and finally, weekly duplicate to tape with 4 weeks protection, on the last saturday/sunday of the month 12 months protection and the last saturday/sunday of the year permanent protectedion.

This means that I have to schedule 3 duplication stages for the week, month and year tape.

However last saturday/sunday BOTH month and week dupicate run.

So, how to solve this.

It would be better if Symantec puts back the scheduler from BE2010 !!!!!!!!!!

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tinus
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I have spoken with a Symantec Technical guy and he confirms this behavior to be a known problem with the 2012 release.

A fix for this is to be expected at the end of this year.

In the mean time you'll need exclude the schedules that will conflict.

Good luck !

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Please log a formal support case so that we can fully look into your problem

King_Julien
Level 5

I noted the same behavior last week.

Anyway, I still have to review all the jobs to see if I did something wrong in the configuration because they worked in the past. 

Tinus
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I have spoken with a Symantec Technical guy and he confirms this behavior to be a known problem with the 2012 release.

A fix for this is to be expected at the end of this year.

In the mean time you'll need exclude the schedules that will conflict.

Good luck !

Regards.

King_Julien
Level 5

Thanks for the update! 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that my statement that is quoted in the original post is for the superceding of backup JOBS, not duplicate jobs.  Duplicate job scheduling is not quite the same as normal job scheduling which may result in the problem described.