cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script to find "Not Appendable (Full Media)" in BEDB

goreni3
Level 2

Hi,

Do anyone has the script to find out the "Not Appendable (Full Media)" from backup Exec 2010 "Devices" tab in console by quering to BEDB SQL database. The list of these full tapes from tape library need to be generated to send at offsite.

Thanks.

Ni3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think you should not base your decision to move a tape off-site on whether it is is full or not.  It is almost impossible for a backup set to exactly fill a tape to the brim.  Usually when a tape is full, it means that a backup set has filled the tape and it spilled over to another tape.  By just shipping the full tape off-site, you would be breaking up this spanning backup set to two locations.  This will present a problem when you need to use this backup set.

It would be better to move tapes off-site based on backup sets, rather than whether a tape is full or not.  For example, if a weekly backup set needs to be kept off-site and it uses 1.5 tapes, then move both tapes off-site.  Don't just move the full tape off-site.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked the Reports tab within BE console. You may try creating a custom report to find

Media which is not appendable. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think you should not base your decision to move a tape off-site on whether it is is full or not.  It is almost impossible for a backup set to exactly fill a tape to the brim.  Usually when a tape is full, it means that a backup set has filled the tape and it spilled over to another tape.  By just shipping the full tape off-site, you would be breaking up this spanning backup set to two locations.  This will present a problem when you need to use this backup set.

It would be better to move tapes off-site based on backup sets, rather than whether a tape is full or not.  For example, if a weekly backup set needs to be kept off-site and it uses 1.5 tapes, then move both tapes off-site.  Don't just move the full tape off-site.

goreni3
Level 2

Hi Amol,

I will check te reports tab within BE console for a custom report.

goreni3
Level 2

Yes pkh it is right