cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching old backups in BE2012

Lechu54
Level 3

Hello we are using BE for a years ( upgrading ) but still on the same databse.

We are now backing up few servers lets say : C,D, E, F, G.
Few years ago we had server : A, B, C

My question is: How do i search for backups of server A, when my server browser let me browse olny through active servers that is C,D,E,F,G ???

How can i restore data from tapes when old servers A,B,C were active servers, and now they do not exist anymore.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Have you went to global view that is storage tab & have you clicked on All media were it will list all tape & its backup set, I think you should be able to see if from there.

But then yes if it is missing there , then you will have to catalog the tape once so that you can see the information.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB

You will have to run a catalog job on the tapes whcih are having backup sets of your old servers.

After certain period catalogs get purged so you need to recatalog media before proceeding with 

the restore.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

How can i restore data from tapes when old servers A,B,C were active servers, and now they do not exist anymore?

Ans:

You are right if server are no more there & BE 2012 will not show them so you could do few things

1 If you have tape for the data to be restored for those server

2 Then inventory & catalog

3 Now you see the data but then you need to add the servers first by going to add tab & add it as File server & not windows server as that server is no longer there(Please see snap of it)

4 This should help you to resotre if you want.

Thanks

Lechu54
Level 3

Hello.

Yes i now we can run a catalog job but thats not the point.

In BE2010 we could browse backup not only through the servers list but also through the job list.In other words: In BE2010 we saw all the old backups without recataloging media. After upgrading to BE2012 we can browse only  on active servers (we arent able to drill down do old data)

Is the data still in BackupExec Database (sql) - or do i really need to recatalog hundreds of tapes just because of upgrade from 2010 to 2012. (mayby its only matter od BE2012 interface ??)

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Have you went to global view that is storage tab & have you clicked on All media were it will list all tape & its backup set, I think you should be able to see if from there.

But then yes if it is missing there , then you will have to catalog the tape once so that you can see the information.

Thanks