cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Tape Drive will not accept tapes - I have License

Cat_Adams
Level 5

My second tape drive in the library will apparently is not working.  All the jobs indicate that it is waiting on an available drive.  The tape drive is there and Online.  what else do I need to do? 

In the Device Manager, it shows two HP tape drives and Backup Exec is recognizing it also.  So what is up?

Thanks

Cathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Nevermind, I figured it out finally.  I had to add the second tape drive back .  When you do that,  you have to go into the Properties of the Robotic library 0001 and 0002 (i have two robotic libraries that have 12 slots each).  From the Properties,  There is a Tape devices that are part of the robotic library partition section,  I added the tape drive 0003 (could not name it 0002) clicked OK then clicked on Apply.  It is working now.

Yea.... 

Cathu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Nevermind, I figured it out finally.  I had to add the second tape drive back .  When you do that,  you have to go into the Properties of the Robotic library 0001 and 0002 (i have two robotic libraries that have 12 slots each).  From the Properties,  There is a Tape devices that are part of the robotic library partition section,  I added the tape drive 0003 (could not name it 0002) clicked OK then clicked on Apply.  It is working now.

Yea.... 

Cathu