cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server 2003 - C Drive Recovery

Nick_Eos
Not applicable
Our C Drive on a server failed, and we have recieved a replacement.

We have a full backup on tape

On attempting to reinstall our 2003 Server it became clear our media is damaged/corrupted (including backup copies). Our MS Select supplier informs us media is out of stock for 6 days >.<

What options are open to us?

1) I have anouther server which i could install the tape unit to, if i did so could i restore all of the c drive to the new drive via a "restore to different location" option?

2) I have a copy of 2000 Server, could i install this and over write the 2000 server with a restore of the C drive, recovering the 2003 server?

3) Does Backup Exec have a "dos" type mode that i can use to restore direct from tape.

Sorry about the basic questions, but the manual is huge and theres so much info in this site its hard to see the wood for the trees.

Many thanks

Nick
1 REPLY 1

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Hi,

I would suggest you go ahead with the 1st option , you can perform the "Re-direct Restore" of C:\drive data of windows 2003 to any other drive that you want to restore to.

2.I would NOT recommend doing second process unless it contains pure user data not system state related files.

3.By dos type do you mean running backup job from cmd promt ,this is possible via BECMD cmd. I guess thats not your question but still there is NO feature like that in VERITAS currently.