cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Connection Lost

Bkeith
Level 3
 I have a backup server running Win2k Server, with Backup Exec 9.0.  I am able to back everything up except for my exchange 2k server.  It doesn't matter if I try to back it up with the rest of my servers or alone I always get the same error message "Server Connection Lost" in the middle of the backup.  I've loaded the exchange agent on the mail server and loaded outlook on the backup server for the mapi.  I have checked and replaced the NIC, cable, and changed the ports on both servers.  Thanks in advance for all your help

Kieth
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 1. NIC/Switch problems on the Exchange server - run the latest firmware (if applicable) and driver on the NIC.  Hard-code the speed on the switch port and the NIC to 100/Full - this has fixed many of my problems (although they weren't Exchange)
2. look at increasing the agent timeout

Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marksw
Level 5
 1. NIC/Switch problems on the Exchange server - run the latest firmware (if applicable) and driver on the NIC.  Hard-code the speed on the switch port and the NIC to 100/Full - this has fixed many of my problems (although they weren't Exchange)
2. look at increasing the agent timeout

Mark

Bkeith
Level 3
 Hi Mark,

Thanks for your replay, updating firmware of the newly installed NIC solved the issue.

Keith

Marksw
Level 5
 I'd like to know what kind of firmware upgrading you did..

Mark