cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Reboot - Veritas Does Not Work

Kelly_Wilke
Level 3
Hello all,
I have a client that has a Windows 2003R2 server w/SP2 on it.  They have an external backup unit with Veritas 10.0 Rev5520 on it.  Here is the problem.  Everytime we reboot the server and go into Veritas, it cannot startup the services correctly and it gets hung up.  BUT if we down the server, the boot it back up, Veritas comes up perfectly fine. 
My question is do I need to update to the latest version of 10 for Veritas or should we upgrade to version 11?
Thank you,
Kelly
5 REPLIES 5

Travis_Hankins
Level 3
Before upgrading to 11, I would make sure you have the latest services packs for 10d. Better to start small then go all out and jump to 11. 

If that is the case and you do jump to 11 make sure all your servers/databases are comptiable with it. We upgraded and after a few hours on the phone with support we realized that 11 didn't support our oracle database

Kelly_Wilke
Level 3
Hello all,
Will this be fixed if I update to Veritas 11?
Thanks,
Kelly

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Unlikely I reckon.
Do you get any errors or warnings in the Event Viewer?

Kelly_Wilke
Level 3
Hello all,
No there are no events logged in any of the threads of the event viewer.
Nor are there any alerts logged inside of Veritas.
What is the latest update for 10 (not upgrade).  I would like to put that on before saying we have to purchase 11.
Again, this is very strange.  On a reboot one of two things happens:  1)  All services for Backup Exec come up but that backup unit cannot be found or 2) the backup unit can be found but only half of the services for Backup Exec come up.
If we down the server and turn the backup unit (it is external) off, wait for 5 minutes, then turn everything back on, everything comes up fine.
Thanks for your help,
Kelly Wilke

Message Edited by Kelly Wilke on 04-16-200708:33 AM

Kelly_Wilke
Level 3
Hello all,
Okay I am on rev 5520, I believe it is service pack 3.  As I look at the downloads there is a service pack 5 but with rev 5545.  Should I be downloading that service pack even though the rev number is a previous rev?
Thanks,
Kelly