cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server credentials keep changing

rwgagnon
Level 3

Hopefully this is a simple issue, but it is driving me crazy! When BE12d services are stopped, and tries to restart itself, it gets an error message and can not restart the services. I have tracked the problem down to the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service is not starting due to the Log On credentials not being set correctly. It should be using the Local System Account, but has been changed to use a specified account, DOMAIN/Administrator, with the correct Admin password. However, the serivice will not start with this account, only with the Local System account. I change it manually and start the service. However, next time this happens, the login account has been set back to the Administrator account and the service will not Autostart again. The various Backup Exec services all do use the DOMAIN\Administrator account to successfully start once the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service has started. I have tried using the Account Login Wizzard to set the logon account to the DOMAIN\Administrator, but this also sets the SQL Server to the DOMAIN\Administrator, which is the problem in the first place.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0