cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server hangs on reboot

Stefan_s1
Level 3
 Running W2K Server and when any of my Backupexec Servers are rebooted it performs the POST and everything but then it just hangs with the cursor flashing. I have to do a cold reboot  Any Ideas?

Stefan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brian_h1
Level 4
 I would disable the Backupexec services to get the server come up then check the device manager for the scsi and tape devices to see if there are indication of problems with those devices or drivers. You may want to try and load\reload the latest Veritas device drivers. It sounds like the problem is with a device driver\resource conflict.

Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lyon
Level 5
 Is this happening on more than one machine? If it's just one, I'd try re-seating the SCSI controller card.

Lyon

Stefan_s1
Level 3
 No this is happening with all but one of my BackupExec servers
any idea please..

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Stefan,
Is it running the open file Option?
Check out http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264490.htm

---cheers
shirmal

Brian_h1
Level 4
 I would disable the Backupexec services to get the server come up then check the device manager for the scsi and tape devices to see if there are indication of problems with those devices or drivers. You may want to try and load\reload the latest Veritas device drivers. It sounds like the problem is with a device driver\resource conflict.

Brian

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

What hardware are you running? Is it all the same?
Any new additions in terms of hardware on the servers? Did you change any software, or upgrade any software on your servers?
Are your tape drives connected to a dedicated SCSI card, or connected to the same controller as HDDs? If so, have you made sure they're terminated correctly?

Laters!