cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not performing max concurrent jobs

tniemuth
Level 3

I have kind of split my server backups into 2 groups - all of my physical (agent based backup) and all of my VMware (VRay backup).  My max concurrent backups on my dedupe repository is set to 5.  I set all of my physical servers (20 jobs total) to kick off at 8PM.  There is always 5 jobs running until they are complete - so that part seems to be working fine.  I have all of my VRay jobs (8 jobs total containing 21 VMs) kick off at 11PM but it only seems that 3 jobs will run concurrently.  Not sure why.  Any ideas or things I can look at?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Running job concurrently does not mean that they will run faster.  Due to resource contentions, you might find that overall, the time taken may be longer than if you run the jobs serially.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If your dedupe folder can only handle 5 as per your limit, how many jobs are running when the V-Ray jobs kick off?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Running job concurrently does not mean that they will run faster.  Due to resource contentions, you might find that overall, the time taken may be longer than if you run the jobs serially.