cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not showing up after full backup of ESXi host

Gumps
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue, hoping someone can shed some light. One of the servers that's hosted on an ESXi blade host just doesn't show up in the list of servers under "Backup and Restore" The host was fully backed up earlier today (for the first time), but this one specific server simply is not listed. All the other servers on that host show up just fine. I've gone through the backup log and verified that it was included in the backup. Any information would be much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Do a backup of this server as if it is s physical server. When it appears in the list of servers check that the backup as a VM is there

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does running a catalog of the storage media (which contains the backup set of this particular server) help ?

Colin_Weaver

Does the missing virtual machine run WIndows or some other OS?

Does the backup job log say that it did a GRT backup and within the job log expanded details for that VM does it show that it identified any resources (compare with the section in the job log for one of the working VMs to see what I mean)?

Gumps
Level 2

The backup log does say this:

Backed up 0 files in 0 directories.
Backed up 1 virtual machines
Backed up 2 virtual machine disks
Processed 1,035,194,056 bytes in  5 minutes and  44 seconds.
Throughput rate: 172 MB/min

The VM is a Windows machine. I'm cataloging the storage device now. 

Colin_Weaver

That is the summary near the end of the section for the VM,  near the start of each VM will be a section that says which drives and databases it found inside the VM (you may have to expand some of the sections to see this)