Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service/Login Account Lock

AIRay
Level 4

Hello Experts,

Running SBE 2010 R3

i can not get the services started on symantec, all backup jobs failing. This happened when one of our old domain controllers came back online.

we got this fixed but i suspect it has something to do with this event.

i tried to go into services.msc and start the BE Server and it says Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

i click on properties of that service and change the account to my admin account and still go same error.

i used the account called backup that is associated in our AD with running SBE jobs. i reset this password in AD and put this as the user and password to start this service as but i get the same error.

when i launch backup exec it asks for credentials to connect to the media server. i tried both of the above accounts and it fails with the error The Backup System Server is not responding or is not installed.

i need to get my backups running again.

let me know what else you might need

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...make sure the SQL service has started up.

Alternatively use BEutility.exe to reset the BESA to use the same account. It will restart the services as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

...make sure the SQL service has started up.

Alternatively use BEutility.exe to reset the BESA to use the same account. It will restart the services as well.

Thanks!

AIRay
Level 4

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the advice. So all that worked. i was able to get back into the media server.all services are started but i still get the same error when running a backup job. attached a picture.

AIRay
Level 4

Craig,

i reset the account again and started the services. looks like that was enough to get the backup jobs running again. thanks for the help

CraigV

Great, glad to have helped!