cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up AWS S3 cloud storage

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

I'm trying to set up an AWS S3 cloud storage in BE 15, but I'm getting this error: "BEMSDK failure code: A0009B23"

I have followed this article to the letter: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000081253

There are 3 things that I've thought of which could be causing the problem:

1. That article only tells you to setup an AWS S3 bucket and an AWS IAM user and create a key, but it doesn't say anything about linking the user to the bucket. I'm new to AWS so no experience with this. I have granted my IAM user permission to an "AmazonS3FullAccess" policy but that's not made any difference. Am I missing a key step here?
  2. Do I need to allow any specific ports through my firewall to access the S3 bucket?
  3. Do I need to allow access from my IP to the S3 bucket? I can't see any security options against the S3 module.

I've attached images of the BE error, and my storage configuration (obviously the real username is my Amazon account access key)

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Ok, the problem was simply outbound traffic. I learned from Colin Weaver that this service uses HTTP & HTTPS traffic. In my case, my customer was using a web filter, so access had to be setup there.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you done this:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000094413

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Yes, I've done that.. the cloud storage doesn't even show up without that step.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you tried FP2?

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Yes, I'm on FP2

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Has anyone managed to get this working?  If so can you confirm if I need to do something else with the AWS S3 bucket and the IAM account please?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I'd suggest logging a support call with Veritas to get this sorted out.

It seems this needs a bit more troubleshooting capability than we can provide here.

Post back with an update and close off the thread.

Thanks!

fred2k
Level 4
Partner

Ok, the problem was simply outbound traffic. I learned from Colin Weaver that this service uses HTTP & HTTPS traffic. In my case, my customer was using a web filter, so access had to be setup there.