cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Closes

Adam_St_Laurent
Level 3
I am running windows 2000 Server SP4, I was having a issue with BE 10.0 and i uninstalled it. When i go to reinstall it. i launch the setup and it flashes and goes away so it does not install. I have removed all veritas entries from the registry and still no luck either.
FYI: This is a terminal server so i am launching the setup through the Addd/Remove programs Control Panel.
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What procedure had you used to uninstall 10.0? Had you used Add/Remove programes? After deleting the Veritas keys from the Registry, had you rebooted the server before trying the reinstall? Do the Backup exec services exist on the server? Also check for traces of the Veritas folder in Program Files. Are there any errors in the event logs?

You can also post your query on the Symantec Email support that handles the Install cases.

Do elaborate with details to the above questions.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Adam_St_Laurent
Level 3
I removed it using Add/Remove Programs and removed the veritas folder from program files, it still would not install so i used a registry finder to find all veritas entried and i removed those also. There is no event logs on this. There are no services either

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Run the MSI cleanup utility on the Backup Exec media server and verify if you it is showing any Backup Exec entries.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.