cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share a ISCSI Disk With 2 BackupExec Servers

rcunha
Level 4

Hi Guys, I have this scenario, a BE2014 that is have an ISCSI Disk A with some .BKF files.

Now I have a BE2016 with no disks. I Want to use this ISCSI DISk A with the two Servers, Both of them will see it like an disk E:\ When I will configure this ISCSI disk on BE2016, I will import the backups from BE2014 and have a Storage on IT.

It is possible these two backup exec use the same ISCSI disk on the same time ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You cannot use 2 BE servers of different versions with the same iSCSI disk -

If they were the same version of BE and OS then you could implement Microsoft Clustering and then configure BE for a 2 node cluster. (although then only one server at a time would be using the disk)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver

You cannot use 2 BE servers of different versions with the same iSCSI disk -

If they were the same version of BE and OS then you could implement Microsoft Clustering and then configure BE for a 2 node cluster. (although then only one server at a time would be using the disk)

Ok Thanks for your Help.

Colin_Weaver

There is one other possible option (although I have not seen this attempted for a long time so it may no longer be possible.)

As long as BE is the same version on both servers you could do a CASO setup (with the correct licenses) and have iSCSI disk connected to one server and shared within Backup Exec to the other one.