cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2010 restore fails - 0xe0001602 Access is denied

Jan12345
Level 3

Hi,

We are currently testing our Backup Exec 2010 R3 backups of our SharePoint 2010 installation. Backup Exec and it's agents have all been patched to the latest level including hotfixes.

We tried making a backup of a site onto tape. Then deleted the site and tried restoring it again. We end up with the following errors, which we cannot find any information on (also nothing in the Windows Event Viewer or in the SharePoint logs):

The Job Information, Job Operation - Restore, Set Information, Restore Set Information shows the error:

V-79-57344-65300 - The Sharepoint resource is not responding. Backup set canceled. 

This is strange, because the SharePoint server responds just fine (it ran a backup just a few minutes earlier). Further down in the Job Log, at the Job Completion Status, it says:

Job ended: 8. december 2011 at 14:31:25
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001602 - Access is denied (Share point backup).
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5634 

And under Errors:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Restore
V-79-57344-65300 - The Sharepoint resource is not responding. Backup set canceled. 

Can anyone help us getting this running?

Best regards, Jan.

16 REPLIES 16

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you looked at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167235 ?

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

If You have Sp1 For sharepoint This Might Be an issues which Is under investigation.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167235  (Applies to restore As well)

There should be a HF available, currently Under QA test.

If The issues Is Urgent You might Need to Open up an formal Support case For the BETA Fix.

Regards,

Arul

Jan12345
Level 3

Yes. It refers to backup to disk. This is a tape backup/restore.

VJware
Level 6

Are SQL dBs mirrored ?

Jan12345
Level 3

No, it is not mirrored. The SharePoint 2010 front end uses a named SQL Server 2008 instance.

VJware
Level 6

Could be that RAWS stopped responding on the Sharepoint server ...Is the RAWS service running ?

Jan12345
Level 3

Yes, the "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems" is running.

I also just checked the SharePoint version in the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration. The level is Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) 14.0.6029.1000, with some products having Hotfix for Microsoft Office Server (KB2596505) 14.0.6105.5000 applied.

VJware
Level 6

Does this backup successfully to disk ? Have you also tried a backup without GRT ?

Jan12345
Level 3

Yes, it did the backup without problems. I haven't tried it without GRT. We did a full backup of the WSS_Contents store, and I need to restore a single site in order to demonstrate that it works before going live.

Jan12345
Level 3

Sorry, I didn't read your question properly. We tried last week to do backups to disk (in order to save us mounting a tape), but that didn't work either. And the articles mentions problems with to-disk backups, which is why we decided to test it using tapes.

VJware
Level 6

Would you please enable debugging & post the debug log

Jan12345
Level 3

We will try this as soon as possible.

Jan12345
Level 3

Sorry it took so long -

When you want us to enable debugging, where is that exactly in the backup program? Is it under Tools and Support Utilites? Is it the "Run the Debug Monitor for active debugging"? If yes, what do you want me to collect?

Jan12345
Level 3

We tried running the debug window open, while doing the restore that fails. I have compressed the file and attached it to this post. Hope it helps.

Jan12345
Level 3

Has anyone had a chance to look at the debug log?

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

There was an issue introduced with Sharepoint 2010 SP1 which changed the table names of some of the content DB tables.  This causes cataloging problems with disk backups and problems during tape restore in the staging process.  The 'backup' error in the restore job  refers to when we're trying to extract the granular data from the database image. Applying hotfix 173536 will fix the issue with new tape backups and restores but tape backups created before applying that hotfix won't work and are described in the subject technote.  It's being worked on now.

Russ