cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint Disaster Recovery

JackG
Level 2
I'm am trying to perform a disaster recovery test of our SharePoint farm using Backup Exec 2010 SharePoint Agent but I can't seem to get it to work (or at least not how I expect it to). We have a WSS 3.0 install on a single VM with the SQL 2005 databases sitting on a seperate physical box. Our VM is protected (with VRanger) and can be restored back to it's current state no problems, but I can't seem to restore the databases back onto our SQL box using the Backup Exec SharePoint Agent. The DR scenerio I have set up is this: Shutdown web server VM, drop all databases and remove files, bring up web VM. This is in theory the state we would be in should we be in a DR situation. I now need to be able to bring back online all the databases but can't seem to do this with Backup Exec. In theory I guess this would work if I were only backing up the SQL databases and not using the SharePoint agent, but I want to be able to use the GRT features you get with the SharePoint Agent. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks Jack
1 REPLY 1

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified
http://support.veritas.com/docs/290873  ( Disaster recovery procedure for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 using Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers, version 11d or later )

Hope this helps.