Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2007 Restore Issue

Todd_Finoch
Level 3

Backup Exec 12.5 SP3
Sharepoint Agent is being used.
Sharepoint 2007

I run a backup of my Sharepoint Farm and it completes successfully. I have the option under Microsoft Sharepoint for "Perform consistency check before backup of Microsoft SQL databases by Microsoft Sharepoint" checked and I don't have "Continue with backup if consisitency check fails" checked. This backup goes to tape.

When try to restore the Sharepoint Site database or duplicate the job to tape, I get the error below.

Restore- MyStLCoP\Content-DB 1 (STLCOPVDB\StLCoPWe1_SITE)
WARNING: The file StLCoPWe1_SITE was restored from a file that was corrupt when it was backed up, ...

I have taken an SQL backup from SQL management studio and restored it successfully.

Please advise on what I should try next.

Thanks,

Todd

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Todd,

Are you using AOFO with that backup? If you are, deselect the option and try again. AOFO isn't strictly supported with DB backups, and it can cause issues.
I had an issue restoring an SQL DB to a dev server. Because I had used AOFO, I had to do a restore on the production server before taking that DB offline.
Try without AOFO (assuming you are using it), and then the restore again.

Post the results here...

Todd_Finoch
Level 3
Ok...thanks Craig, that is doing the trick. Now I am getting the errors below. I have tried the suggestions that are linked to the errors, but no luck getting it working.

Restore- Mystlcop_SSP\Services-DB 1 (STLCOPPPR\Database_PROF)
V-79-57344-748 - Cannot restore some SharePoint metadata for the selected database. Review the even...

V-79-57344-65278 - An error occurred while connecting the restored databases to the Microsoft Shar...

Restore- STLCOPPP
V-79-57344-65072 - Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.