cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2013 backup hanging at updating catalogs

Mubasheruddin
Level 3

We have migrated old Sharepoint 2010 database to new Servers with Sharepoint 2013 database, when i schedule backup from Backup Exec 2014 (O/S: Win 2012 R2), it is hanging at updating catalogs even to disk or tape.

I have run Live update in Backup Exec 2014 which installed SP2 and latest Hotfix 227745, i have pushed the latest agents to the remote servers, restarted and recreated the Sharepoint Farm Job.

Backup job to Disk is getting successful with option Do not Run Delayed catalog job with same option to Tape is hanging for 2 days and no status change, i have to cancel the job.

What is the workaround, pls. help

I have created ticket with symantec, it went to 2nd level support, still there is no solution.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The only workarounds for such an issue is

1) Run backups to disk

2) Disable GRT if running backup to tape

Both workarounds may not be viable though. Is AOFO enabled or disabled in the backup job ? Also, keep delayed catalog option enabled for the tape backup job.

Mubasheruddin
Level 3

Thanks for your reply

Backup to Disk, with following options is getting successful.

Do not run Delayed catalog operation

AOFO is unchecked

Sharepoint GRT enabled

Duplicating the same above job to tape is hanging at updating catalog status, even after 2 days it does not finish. As i need to store the backup in tapes outside i have to get the job successful.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried backing up to disk with these successful settings and then duplicating to tape?

Mubasheruddin
Level 3

Yes i tried backup to disk with above settings then to duplicate, hanging at updating catalogs for long time even after 2 days same status, need to cancel the tape job. (May be because GRT is enabled in disk job)

I even tried with separate tape job with delayed catalog run immediately which hangs at updating catalog, and with do not run delayed catalog also same status. In both cases GRT was enabled, AOFO unchecked.

Secondly if i run the disk job with do not run delayed catalog option, can i do a successful restore.