cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2013 vs SQL 2014 Always On HA backup via Listener

evaldosantos
Level 2

Hi everybody

Last week I was troubleshooting an issue with the​ the Symantec Backup Exec Support Team and the case was escalated to the Sharepoint Team.

We came to find out that Symantec Backup Exec does not support backups of a Sharepoint 2013 Server Farm if it connects to SQL via a Listener that is the connection point for hosts that intend to connect to a database joined to an "Always On High Availibiltiy Group" of SQL 2014 servers.

This situation is very critical since we would like to keep on taking advantage of "AOHG" to have the Sharepoint databases high available.

I would like to ask how are others performing their backups and what are the plans of the Symantec Backup Exec Development Team  concerning this situation.

Details:

• Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 SP1​
  • Microsoft SQL 2014
  • Symantec Backup Exec v.15 with feature pack 1 and hotfix applied.

Best Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. As suggested by the document, backup your SharePoint outside of BE 2. Veritas does not publish their support roadmap. You may want to add this requirement as an Idea in the Ideas section. If enough people agree with you, it may be supported in some future version of BE

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Discourage
Level 3

Hi,

I would also like to know the answer to this.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This configuration is not supported. See this document

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000023429

evaldosantos
Level 2

Hi PKH,

That the configuratioin is not supported I already now... but I would like to now two things. That is why the case is still open:

1. How are other Symantec Customers dealing with this issue.​​
  2. Is Symantec working to support this configuration in the very near future? (It has been done with Exchange 2013 IP-Less DAG, supported in Feature Pack 2)

Regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. As suggested by the document, backup your SharePoint outside of BE 2. Veritas does not publish their support roadmap. You may want to add this requirement as an Idea in the Ideas section. If enough people agree with you, it may be supported in some future version of BE