cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2016 support

Jeff_Bailey
Level 2

Do we have Sharepoint 2016 support on Backup Exec 2015 Feature Pack 5?

12 REPLIES 12

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That is what I gathered, does Veritas know a timeframe?

SWAT8419
Level 3

Same question here - is there any timeline available?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

All we can currently state at this point is that we are looking into adding Sharepoint 2016 support against backup and restore capability. However we cannot confirm a timeframe

Hi     any news on this or should we go BE16?

Thanks

BE 16 is just a relabel if BE 15 but then with Veritas logos, so do not expect an additional functionality in BE 16.

But the original question still stands. SharePoint 2016 was released over a year ago (may 2016), when can we start making (GRT) backups with Backup Exec?

Has this been resolved yet?  It looks like I still can't make GRT backups.

Still waiting on SP2016 support in BE16. You would think 18 months and multiple Feature Packs in SP2016 it is now the defacto standard for On Prem Sharepoint deployments, yet again users of Backup Exec are stiffed even though they are paying continued high prices for software license renewals. What's the point of paying yearly software license subscriptions if Veritas doesn't keep updating the supported software for GRT? Very frustrating and makes me want to start looking elsewhere eg Veeam B&R Essentials Enterprise Plus which is around the same price and already supports SP2016.

Still no answer for SharePoint 2016 support, what a shame. Microsoft announced SharePoint 2019(!) for mid 2018 and we are still dreaming for 2016 support. Please, can anyone tell us more about upcoming SharePoint 2016 support?

This situation is very frustrating and every other week without support let us think about other products...

Sad, very sad.

Regards,

Customer since 2004

P_Jeal
Employee

Please follow the Post below to be advised of future updates in Backup Exec;
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/Update-on-Microsoft-SharePoint-platform-support-Online-and/m-...

SharePoint 2016 support still missing in BE 20.1.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/BE_20_SCL

I'm speechless...

Wait another 3-4 months for the next Feature Pack? And then? Still no support and another thread about "importance" and "it's on our radar"?

Can we get finally a roadmap or something else when we can expect support?

Thanks!

Regards

VarunVerma
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Hi @Zippi

We’re listening. And we’ve been working hard. Its just that we can't say a date out loud just yet, but we are on track for delivering that support.

Here's a post by Mikko on what has been happening with our Microsoft SharePoint platform support:
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/Update-on-Microsoft-SharePoint-platform-support-Online-and/m-...

Keep your bookmarks for the page. More good news to come.