cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint agent licencing for Backup Exec 2012

josek
Level 2

Hi ,

I have a sharepoint server  backed up by  BE2012 . I ran the licence assessment tool today on my mediaserver and found that we are short of one agent licence  for sharepoint. 

The result of the  licence assessment is as given below.

Sharepoint server03.tkp.local , Server Farm 1 (SERVER03)

I have gone through the licencing guide after getting this problem and understood that I need one agent licence for the server farm and one for server where it is hosted and thus it needs two agent licences. Please advise if my understanding is right or  this might be an error with BE ? Its a standalonne sharepoint server.

Backups are running without any issues. So how is the shortage of one licence  going to affect the backup operations ?

I was not able to find any errors or warnings related to this  from the console.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

In that case only one agent for Application and Database no need of windows agent...

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

For sharepoint Farm Purchase one Agent for Application database  and Database per Sharepoint Farm and one Agent for Windows for each additional sharepoint farm server

For example if 3 windows server participating in Sharepoint Farm then you must purchase 1 Agent for application database and 2 agent for windows.

Taken from Portfolio license gudie for BE 2012 please check the link below for more details

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178479

Also please contact Symantec licensing as they would be final authority for any license confifguration.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113612

Thanks

josek
Level 2

I have only one server in my sharepoint setup. It runs on single server and no other members in the farm.  Do I still need windows agent and applications and database agent licences  ?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

In that case only one agent for Application and Database no need of windows agent...

Thanks