cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint backup. The object was not found, or could not be accessed (Share point backup).

Itera_Drift
Level 3
Partner

Hi

Have some issues when try to backup Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 with Backup Exec.

After installing agent on the Sharepoint server a Server Farm shows up in Backup Exec. No problem here. When creating a new job I can select all content on the Sharepoint server and I'm able to see all databases on the SQL server. I can select and deselect DB, content etc. All credentials seems to be correct, as when testing I get an success. I have no problem in backingup the SQL databases in seperate jobs.

When the job is running:

1st step is "preparing SQLserver for backup".

2nd step is "Queued".

3rd step "Finalizing backup on SQLserver".

4th step  "Running backup" and the the job fails after a while with: The object was not found, or could not be accessed (Share point backup). Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.

As I can from the joblog some data are backed up. When doing a restore the log hat the job backup some data from the Sharepoint server, so it seems that the job fails when connecting the SQLserver and trying backup DB's.

I have tried to reinstall agents on both SQL server and Sharepoint server. I have upgraded Backup Exec from BE2014 to BE2015, as it's a new installation. No luck.

Any ideas are appreciated

Regards

Steen Roenne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Itera_Drift
Level 3
Partner

I think I found a solution. Permissions was correct on both Sharepoint and SQL Server. When you mentioned NDMP i remembered that I had changed NDMP port on the Sharepoint Server to 9000, because Sharepoint use port 10000. After chaging NDMP on SQL server to 9000 it's now possible to backup.
Is it descreibed anywhere in any whitepapers that NDMP must be the same port on both Sharepoint and SQL? Can't remember I have seen that anywhere.

Thanks for your help,

Steen

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just to clarify. Are you backing up the Server Farm AND all the SQL databases together ?

If yes, then its not needed as the Server Farm selection includes the associated Sharepoint DBs also.

Also, what is the version of Backup Exec and is Advanced Open File option enabled or disabled ?

Itera_Drift
Level 3
Partner

When creating the Server Farm backup I selected any resources that showed up including Sharepoint content and DB. Sharepoint DB are excluded from the normal SQL job.

I started using Backup Exec 2014 but upgraded to 2015 as to see if it would help and as our license is for BE2015 I would have to upgrade anyway

I tried to backup with and without AOFO with same result.

Regards

Steen Roenne

VJware
Level 6

Is any amount of data backed up ?

This is a very generic error. Would recommend to start off first with-

1) Right-click the Sharepoint and SQL servers in the Backup & Restore tab and choose Establish Trust Relationship.

2) Do ensure the BE account has the Sharepoint and SQL specific permissions as per this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75907

(Afaik, A credentials test doesn't validate application specific permissions, hence would recommend to explicity verify the permissions)

Debugging the BE media server + all servers which comprise of the farm at the same time would help narrow down the cause of the failure. This KB can be used for debugging - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH37467

Itera_Drift
Level 3
Partner

Data located at the Sharepoint Server Farm are backed up with no error. The job failes when accesing DB located at the SQL server. I will try the sugested and come back to you. Thanks

VJware
Level 6

Would you pls PM me the job log and a screenshot of the backup selections ? Thanks.

Itera_Drift
Level 3
Partner

I think I found a solution. Permissions was correct on both Sharepoint and SQL Server. When you mentioned NDMP i remembered that I had changed NDMP port on the Sharepoint Server to 9000, because Sharepoint use port 10000. After chaging NDMP on SQL server to 9000 it's now possible to backup.
Is it descreibed anywhere in any whitepapers that NDMP must be the same port on both Sharepoint and SQL? Can't remember I have seen that anywhere.

Thanks for your help,

Steen

VJware
Level 6

Here is a KB which mentions the NDMP port should be same for all servers under the Farm - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87295