Sharepoint backup failing

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

The backup job is failing with the following error:

Job ended: Monday, September 22, 2014 at 11:33:03 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe49 - An invalid parameter was specified.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65097

Unable to attach to .

V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Agent for Windows. The correct version of the Agent for Windows must be running on the target computer.

Can you please advise with the suitable solution and reason for this error?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I already set it t the default network options. I will try to uninstall the agent and then reinstal it. i will get back to you once done.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you've upgraded your media server either between versions, or with a new SP/patch level, did you push-install these updates out to your remote servers?

If not, do so and then try again.

Thanks!

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Him

Tat is true. I updated the Be to the latest SP but then i directly pushed installed the agent and rebooted the server. So this step was already done. The job is failing although the agent was installed.

What could be the other reason for such an error?

Regards

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you set the backup job to use a specific network ?

How many servers comprise of the Sharepoint Farm ? Is the Remote Agent service running on all these servers and is ndmp port 10000 open as well ?

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Yes the remote agent service is running on the server. The server farm comprises of 2 servers but this specific job is a backup of 1 server. It is not a server farm job. No i did not soecify the network to be used. Do i have to specify it?

CraigV

...unless you have 2 NICs in that server with 2 separate IPs/VLANs then no...defaulting it would work.

The other option is to completely remove the RAWS agent, and then push-install it again.

Thanks!

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I already set it t the default network options. I will try to uninstall the agent and then reinstal it. i will get back to you once done.

Thank you,

CraigV

...how exactly did you resolve this?

Thanks!