cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show encrypted backups

windows-it
Level 3

I am running Backup Exec 15.

Where can I proof, if my tapes were encrypted indeed?

Is there a way to set up a report? Or where can I see that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no report as such. The only way to prove that a tape or disk backup set is encrypted is to remove the encryption key and then try to restore it. If it is encrypted, BE will prompt for the encryption passphrase. If the provided passphrase is correct then the restore will continue. If the backup set is not encrypted then there will be no prompt for the key. Make sure that you know the encryption passphrase before removing the key. Otherwise all the backup set encrypted with it will not be readable

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no report as such. The only way to prove that a tape or disk backup set is encrypted is to remove the encryption key and then try to restore it. If it is encrypted, BE will prompt for the encryption passphrase. If the provided passphrase is correct then the restore will continue. If the backup set is not encrypted then there will be no prompt for the key. Make sure that you know the encryption passphrase before removing the key. Otherwise all the backup set encrypted with it will not be readable