Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show unscheduled Jobs in the Job monitor

nackros
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

My customer wanted me to setup a couple of backup jobs without a schedule so he easily can run them manually when he wants to.

I did just that with the option "Create without a schedule". When done it shows in the Job Monitor. But then I ran the Job and when it was finished it disappeared from the Job monitor.

Is there a way to keep all my unscheduled jobs in the Job monitor? ATM I can find the jobs under the server and Jobs, but that´s very inconvenient if I have several servers.

I´m running BE 2014 with latest SP to date.

Thanks in advance

//Andreas..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LegAEI
Level 5

The Job Monitor will only have currently running or scheduled in it's view.

Some suggestions:

1. Create a group in the Servers area of the backup and restore tab, then put the few servers with one shot jobs in that group. I have multiple groups set up for either a type of server (like VHosts) or a backup job type that stands alone, like ADDS.

2. Use the "job histories" window on the Job Monitor tab, filter by server name so they can easily find the jobs from the last run, right click, and choose "run now."

3. Create a BEMCLI powershell script that just runs the jobs they want to run. If you start from powershell, it will fire a completion email if you set the notification.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LegAEI
Level 5

The Job Monitor will only have currently running or scheduled in it's view.

Some suggestions:

1. Create a group in the Servers area of the backup and restore tab, then put the few servers with one shot jobs in that group. I have multiple groups set up for either a type of server (like VHosts) or a backup job type that stands alone, like ADDS.

2. Use the "job histories" window on the Job Monitor tab, filter by server name so they can easily find the jobs from the last run, right click, and choose "run now."

3. Create a BEMCLI powershell script that just runs the jobs they want to run. If you start from powershell, it will fire a completion email if you set the notification.

Cheers

nackros
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your reply, and your ideas for workarounds.

I was hoping that this was only a setting that I couldn´t find.

I think I will do another workaround then. I will schedule the "unscheduled" jobs so they will run once every ten years or something like that.

Thanks again.

//Andreas..