cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shows directory not found

Simon_Coates
Level 2
Our backups have recently started to show as failed, when I go into the job history I get the following errors :

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \WINDOWS and its subdirectories.

The errors also show for other folders on the C: drive.

Backup exec is installed on this server (2003 SP1) Backup exec is version 10.1.

Nothing has changed regarding hardware or software on the server.

I have deleted and recreated the job but get the same error.
4 REPLIES 4

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Are you running local backups only? Do you see any relevant errors in the event logs? Does the error occur on all the directories? Are you also using AOFO?

Please refer to the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/207001

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Simon_Coates
Level 2
Hi,

The backup covers a local machine and also other machines in our domain.

The only error in the Event Log is 'The operating system returned an unusual error while backing up the following file: "", See log for more details'.

The error only occurs on the windows and wmpub directories.

The server that is being backed up is the same server that Backup Exec is installed on so as far as I am aware it has AOFO built in.

Regarding the link, I need to back up these directories so can't do the \Exclude option.

Thanks,

Simon.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Did you check the Advanced Open File Option under settings > Aofo.

Kindly refer the following Document:

"Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed" (a00084af HEX or e00084af HEX) is reported when a backup job using the Advanced Open File Option fails.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Simon_Coates
Level 2
Moved static volume to another drive and this has solved the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Simon.