cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown clients after backup?

David_Griffin_2
Level 2
Does anyone know if it is possible in BackupExec 9.1 (running on Windows NT Server 4.0, backing up a variety of client systems varying from Windows NT up to Windows XP Professional) to configure the backup job to shutdown each client system as soon as the backup of it has completed?

I've seen information posted regarding the use of a post job command, which seems to require a special shutdown utility be installed on each client system. I was hoping that there was a more integrated way of doing this, e.g. via the Remote Agent.
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

As this feature is not present with the current version of the product we suggest you to log an enhancement request for the desired feature:

http://enhancement.veritas.com

Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

David_Griffin_2
Level 2
Thanks Gauri. I have done as you suggested and posted two separate suggestions in the enhancement request area.
I'm slightly surprised this isn't currently possible. It's a feature that's been available in Retrospects backup software on the Mac platform for many years.
I look forward to seeing the response of the product management team.
Thanks for your reply.

Joaquim_Silva
Level 3
Hi David,

I use a batch file to shutdown every desktops. You can schedule after 1,5 hours (usually is enough) of the backup job.

Here goes an example (windows xp):

@echo off
shutdown -s
echo on

Regards!