cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Disaster Recovery ISO for Backup Exec 2012

Johnnyde
Level 3

Can you point me to the location where I can download the SDR ISO for Backup Exec 2012?

Regards,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to Fileconnect.symantec.com, login with your licence number ( the one on the paper licence which begins with the letter M) and download from there

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It can only be downloaded from Fileconnect

Johnnyde
Level 3

Care to elaborate?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to Fileconnect.symantec.com, login with your licence number ( the one on the paper licence which begins with the letter M) and download from there

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

An alternative method since Fileconnect isn't part of Veritas and this requires your email address to be associated with the product licensing.

Go to my.veritas.com

Login with your email address. Under Licensing tab, click on Entitlements. Select the BE 2012 Entitlement ID and select the filename to download the product.

If both methods do not work, pls contact Customer Care via phone and they would assist you further. Thanks.

Johnnyde
Level 3

Thanks for the guidance! I have the software I need now.

Is this process likely to change now that Veritas is being sold off?

VJware
Level 6

Fileconnect downloads are replaced by downloads via my.veritas.com. The download process is listed above.

Johnnyde
Level 3

Symantec solution worked. Re Veritas Solution - Just out of curiosity, I tried the method you suggested and I just get the message

"

• Serial number was not found in our database.

Hope this helps with your troubleshooting.

Regards,

VJware
Level 6

Serial numbers are no longer used. Where exactly did you recv this error message ? Possibly, the BE 2012 entitlements aren't mapped to your email address ?

Johnnyde
Level 3

Serial number worked in Fileconnect.symantec.com not myVeritas. email is not the problem.

Will future versions of Backup Exec be available through Symantec file connect?

VJware
Level 6

All Veritas branded products will be available via my.veritas.com and not Fileconnect.

Secondly, my.veritas.com does not require a serial number.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Not true. After you login, you need to enter a serial number or an entitlement id to get your product entitlement

VJware
Level 6

I tested for a customer yesterday and I am pretty sure serial numbers (the ones starting with M) aren't used anymore. In other words, the download process is quite different from the Fileconnect one.

The portal will require an entitlement id, if one's email address isn't mapped with the account or if the email address isn't registered with the company entitlements.. For customers who have it mapped, one can just click on Entitlements and click the file to download.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The site asks for a serial number or an entitlement id. What serial is it asking for if it is not the one starting with M?

VJware
Level 6

I believe there are newer serial numbers (not the ones starting with M) and Customer Care will be glad to answer any further queries you may have around the new process.

Johnnyde
Level 3

It's a little confusing. I used an "M" serial number.

Our customer will be purchasing an upgrade to BE 2015 shortly.

Will this still be available via Symantec/fileconnect? Or will it become a Veritas product after Veritas parts company with Symantec?

Johnnyde
Level 3

ps re customer care - being on hold for over 40 minutes ( I gave up), I decided to post in this forum..much quicker response...

VJware
Level 6

There isn't any hold time in the customer care queues for the past couple of hours atleast. If possible, could you try again now ? What number was dialled ?

Also, M serial numbers are replaced by A serial numbers. We recommend customers (new and/or with newer licenses) to use my.veritas.com and not the Fileconnect portal for downloads. You were able to use a M serial number since the Fileconnect portal access is still available now for a short time.

Or will it become a Veritas product after Veritas parts company with Symantec?

PS - BE is a Veritas product and the separation has already happened.