cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Mailbox GRT Restore Failed Access Denied to Database

Elan_Zadok
Level 2
I am getting the error below when I attempt to do a restore of a users mailbox.   The user deleted all their mailbox items, so I am restoring everything right back to the same mailbox.    I tried running the restore again, and now it's just stuck 'running' with about 1/2 the byte count complete (1.3 GB) since yesterday.   We are restoring from an image on disk, Backup Exec 11d with all updates, to MS Exchange 2007.   The mail store is 141 GB, and the users mailbox 3.3 GB according to what I see in the Management Console.    Media and Exchange servers are not on the same box, but on local network together.   I hope someone can help me figure this out.

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

Restore- \\email01.DOMAIN.com\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Access denied to database FW: Your mailbox is almost full..

Error writing file data.

Access denied to database 
<
No Subject
>

Error writing file data.

Access denied to database 
<
No Subject
>

Error writing file data.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Elan,

In Exchange we can setup a limit for maximum size the Mailox can increase. Please check in Exchange Management console if that value is set to some low figue as you are getting that error "Your mailbox is almost full."

Since it detects that the Mailbox is full it is denying access to writing further into that mailbox.

Regards,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

Elan_Zadok
Level 2
I created a new mailbox and restored to it since it was a blank slate, and it was successful. I then increased the Exchange mailbox limits and re-ran the original job and it completed fine as well. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Elan,

In Exchange we can setup a limit for maximum size the Mailox can increase. Please check in Exchange Management console if that value is set to some low figue as you are getting that error "Your mailbox is almost full."

Since it detects that the Mailbox is full it is denying access to writing further into that mailbox.

Regards,

-Sush...

Elan_Zadok
Level 2
I created a new mailbox and restored to it since it was a blank slate, and it was successful. I then increased the Exchange mailbox limits and re-ran the original job and it completed fine as well. Thanks for your help.