cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sitting at Verify stage -- Backup Exec 12.5

InfoStorm
Level 3
Using Backup Exec to make a backup of important directories of the server. We are backing up to Disk Directory. The backup DIR is an External USB Drive which is never removed.

The backup portion of the job completed with no problems, but the server has been sitting at Verify, Queued, 0% for ~ 50 hours!

The destination directory is fully accessable.

This same system has no problems at all with a "Weekly" backup, which is a copy of the "Daily" job, just do a different location (A USB drive that get's taken offsite).

Thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

hemant_chugh
Level 3
Certified
 Hi Info Storm,

Please stop all BE services and use ntbackup for  backup  and see if it completes verification the backup or not and then run the backup  once again using BE and update me .

InfoStorm
Level 3
I will work on those steps as soon as we see if today's manually started back finishes.

I state manually started because while I was out for a week, the backups failed every day, stating the the backup medium was offline.  The backup medium is the same backup medium stated in the initial post, and was still connected to the server and fully accessable.  I told Backup Exec that the medium was online and it had no problems finding the external HD and starting the backup.

It feels like Backup Exec is marking the medium as ejected for some reason, despite the fact that it is a backup-to-disk type of backup.

InfoStorm
Level 3
OK, I've been watching 70% of my backups fail because the Backup Exec software continually decided that the USB drive is offline, and thus unavailable.   The drive itself is online 24/7.  If this issue can be resolved, the backups will work.

What are options?