cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Symantec Backups after replacing hardware (faulty), about 1/10th of speed

Kenji_C
Level 3
They use to run at about 1 gb/s which was nice, but they are running at about 100mb/s now. It use to take 8 hours, and now it takes 24+. We were having trouble with bad hardware, but we finally got it all replaced with the same models, just new. At first no backups were working for some reason, and I tried all the software troubleshooting I could. I finally reinstalled the software, saving the folders and data and reinstalling the software and put it back. When we got a new tape drive, because it was clunking, it ran 1 backup once, at 500mb/s. Then it stopped, the cable went bad. I tried to update firmware and errors came up saying check the cable. Replaced that and now communication is back up. However its very slow.....what could be the cause? I updated the firmware, and restarted the machine. Remote service is disabled. Its updated through windows and I am running a liveupdate right now. Any suggestions? 
5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you re-install the Symantec drivers?  If not, go to Tools ---> Wizards ---> Device Configuration Wizard to do so.

What is your BE version and the device you are using?

Kenji_C
Level 3
Just tried, restarting. 12.5, HP autloader 1/8 ultrium 960

Kenji_C
Level 3
Still the same

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
DId you perhaps tweak the settings on the other drive before it was replaced?
You can look at playing around with those under Devices in Backup Exec...

Kenji_C
Level 3
Everything should be the same...any other suggestions?