cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow job rates

okorioth
Level 3

Running Backup Exec 12 ver 1364 Sp2 installed on Dell Poweredge 840 (Windows server 2003 Standard 64bit SP2), with attached Quantum Superloader 3 and LTO 3 drive. Currently, backup job rates on the local machine and on remote clients are running at unacceptably slow 3mb/min. Previously was running at 1200mb/min or more. Have uninstalled Backup exec and reinstalled numerous times, with no change. Have altered job settings, created new ones, removed the symantec tape library drivers, reinstalled drivers all with no change. I did run a backup to disk job and got normal speed backup rates.  My settings for the drive itself are currently at the defaults,  enabled compression, write single block mode and write SCSI passthrough mode are currently checked but make no difference when turned off either. I see other posts on these forums that are related but no solution (if there is one) work. Please help!
2 REPLIES 2

Time_Clock
Level 2

This question probably belongs elsewhere, but I saw you have a poweredge 840 as we do. We are using Backup Exec 12 also. We supposedly have a mirrored drive set up, hot swappable. I can't find anything that lets me see the status of my mirror drive or verify it's existence. It seems like there should be some sort of tool to look and see that I have two drives (I have C & D & an external SCSI tape drive, as seen from "my computer" ) but I cannot see anything that seems to be a mirror drive.

What all can you do with mirror drives? When would you do anything specifically because you have a mirrored drive? I guess I just hope it's working, and if our drive ever goes bad we can say, "well hopefully that mirror drive was working... "

Behind the locked front grille I only see two green lights. perhaps one is C and one is D drive, and I have no mirrored drive? There must be a way to find this out...

Message Edited by Time Clock on 10-09-2008 10:16 AM

okorioth
Level 3
Have you tried Dell support perhaps?