Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow show folders

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have a problem when I configure a job on remote server. When I run for configure backup to disk, is very slow when show my folders, files, units... about 15 minutes!

How to configure my Backup Exec to go faster?

My backup server is Windows Server 2008 R2 with Backup Exec 2012 SP2, and my remote server is a Windows Server 2012.

Thanks for all

16 REPLIES 16

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can't configure this to go faster. Have you tried to access the server via IP address instead of name?

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Where are you trying to create the backup to disk folder ? Is it a NAS device , network share ? how much time does it take to show the folder when you are just browsing via Windows explorer ?

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

When I create the job. the first step is select folders to make a backup. This step, take a long time to show the directory tree (15 minutes)

The backup storage is a local disk

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I configure with name. This servers are in workgroup, and I configure file "hosts" with name and IP.

throughout the day, I try with IP and I say the result

thanks for all

lmosla
Level 6

Hello, Try looking in windows event application and system logs for errors.  

verify that your services are running as the following:

•Backup Exec Agent Browser server: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Job Engine Service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Server Service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Device and Media service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Remote Agent servicestart up type - Automatic and logon as local system account
•SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) - Automatic startup and log on as Local System account

and see if changing the user name or password of the Backup Exec Service Account helps http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH82969

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi, I try with IP and same results... after 20 minutes show folders and units....

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi, users are OK. There isn't domain, both servers are workgroup

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Simon_Pert1974
Level 3

Hi,

I had similar issues both slow setup and running of backup.  In the end I had to make sure that the network drivers for network switches, bkexec media server and NAS unit were all set to the same network speed.  That then has appeared to make things work a lot faster.

Hope that helps

Regards

Si

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

This is my problem "Local resource enumeration / discovery takes 7-15 minutes when EFI disk partition is in use" But I update my software, and the problem is same...

villex
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for reply, but all network are in same physical switch... all in 1Gb

lmosla
Level 6

Hello villex,

to get more information on what is causing the slowness you need to enable debugging by running SGMon see: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO11932 

Simon_Pert1974
Level 3

Hi,

Just going to an 8TB NAS unit, if I explorer over the network the folder appears instantly.

Thanks

Si

Simon_Pert1974
Level 3

Thanks for this will take a look

Best wishes

Simon_Pert1974
Level 3

Thank you for the links, will have a read through

Simon_Pert1974
Level 3

Thank you, I always forget about the debugging option, will enable and see what results I get