cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SnapShotVolumes

Golani
Level 3

Hi

We have backup Exec 2012 with SP2 and we are doing bakcup of Win 2012 Hyper-v cluster for VMs machines running on cluster. I want to know is Backup Exec doing any entry of SNAP shots volume it created during bakcup of VMs to any log files of bakcup exec with snap volume GUID like "Volume \\?\Volume{823cb704-f8f3-11e2-93f6-c33c736e8f9a" that it has created using snapshot technology and vssadmin shawdows volume. Does bakcup exec keeping info of these snapshot volume during backup it created.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi

Might do so in the BEDB, but I haven't seen any reports around this.

You'd have to check the job logs to see if they exist there, or crack open the BEDB itself...which isn't recommended as Symantec have yet to publish the table layout! They might be able to assist with a custom query, so it might be worth your while opening a query with them.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi

Might do so in the BEDB, but I haven't seen any reports around this.

You'd have to check the job logs to see if they exist there, or crack open the BEDB itself...which isn't recommended as Symantec have yet to publish the table layout! They might be able to assist with a custom query, so it might be worth your while opening a query with them.

Thanks!