cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot didn't succeed

dpelligra
Level 3

Hi,

Ever time my backup jobs ends it throw an exception like this (translated to english from french by me) :

"Cannot fully protect remote computer because of BE Remote Agent not installed. The snapshot asked by the job did not succeed."

The job's selection list contains local system state and drives along with some share on a remote linux machine.

How can I remove that snapshot the job is asking for ?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

Do you have the RALUS agent installed on the machine?  Also, what are your settings for Advanced Open File Options?

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Please clarify the contents of the selection list, the versions of Windows and Linux you are backing up, and the exact error on the second tab of the job log report, so we can assist you better.

Regards,

dpelligra
Level 3

@Elias : No agent is installed on the remote server, which is in fact a Nexenta NAS
AOFO is disabled on the job

@Carlos : the error is (still translated by me) :

Backup -- dnxsrvnas1
V-79-57344-3844 - Media server couldn't connect to Remote Agent on computer dnxsrvnas1. The media se... will try to finish the operation using the local agent.

V-79-57344-65277 - AOFO : Initialisation failed on "\\dnxsrvnas1\managers". Advanced Open File Optio... Remote Agent not detected on dnxsrvnas1.

and same last message for every share I backup

In my selection list for that remote server I have a dozen CIFS shares. I won't install any agent on the remote server as it's too tricky on Nexenta (ZFS oriented and highly modified). I just don't want BE to look for an agent.

Thanks very much,

dpelligra
Level 3

Any idea ?