cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot processing

rudylee
Level 3
When I was backing up the email server for backup data. It shows "snapshot processing" and it is stuck there for the longest time most is 15hrs. Anyone out there kindly advise me what to do?
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Exchange 2003 OR 2007? Which Operating System? Local Backup OR Remote Server backup?

1  : If you are backing up Exchange 2003 and you are using AOFO, it is not recomended to use snapshot based backups on any databases like Exchange, SQL...etc.

2  : If the operating system Windows Server 2003, install the VSS Rollup Patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349 (REBOOT and SP2 for Windows REQUIRED )

rudylee
Level 3
I am backing up Lotus 6.5 email server. It is still stuck there. Am using Symantec Backup Exec ver12. Re-tried the backup job 3-4 times to no avail for the past 2 weeks from Dec 2nd till now. So fustrating. It is based on Windows 2000 Server. office lan local backup.

What must be done to remedy the problem.

Please kindly advise.

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Is the AOFO option checked in the Backup job? If checked, please uncheck AOFO option...

You can try:
1. Stop all Backup Exec Services on the media server and the Remote Lotus Server.
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor by going to START > RUN and typing REGEDT32.
3. Highlight the following registry key: HKLM\software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino.
4.Change the value on the right of Enable change Journal to 0 (Default value is 1)
5.Change the value on the right of Enable notes Database Filtering to 0 (Default value is 1)
6. Start all Backup Exec Services on the media server AND the Remote Lotus Server.

Notes:

1) The registry settings mentioned affect only how the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent queries for new or changed Domino databases but does not change how those databases get backed up.
2) If the Remote Agent Service has crashed, in some cases the Domino Server console will show repeated entries of Process C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\belnapi.exe (3632/0xE30) has terminated abnormally. While these entries are harmless, they can be eliminated if desired. To clear these errors from occurring on the Domino console, Domino server will need to be restarted.

Dev_T
Level 6
any updates ?